Saturday, May 16, 2009

One More Jam Session.

If the world was flat like the old days and I could travel just by folding a map I would rock out with the following people and here's why.

Ian & Sean.





We have had plenty of disagreements (as brothers always do) but when it came to music... man we played some sweet stuff. Its so interesting how that brought us together. Each of us could know what the other was thinking just by a look. I look up to both of my brothers. I admire Ian's perseverance through difficult and trying times. I am blown away by his ability to love and care for people. It is inspiring. He is also a very dedicated person. He is true to himself. Sean is destined for greatness. He's one of the most stubborn, hard working people I know and gives incomparable insight and advice when he's not quoting some random movie... I have the deepest respect and love for my brothers. I know I can count on them and trust them. They are the best of men. Both of them have been in my life in critical moments that have touched me deeply. Their influence has shaped who I am today profoundly.

Jared Mooney





If anyone needs to learn how to do a flying windmill off an amp, Jared is your man. Jared rocks hard. He is a talented, multifaceted musician, composer, engineer and producer. I'm reminded of something John Mayer said about Pino Paladino when I think of Jared. "He talks about music like they were old war buddies." Jared has some serious knowledge about music... I took 2 years of music history in college and I think he knows more about Opera, 20th Century music, 80's butt rock, Mozart and Brahmes, and Beethoven and everything inbetween than I could ever learn in a lifetime. Jared is also the dearest of friends. Haha! It was love at first conversation! From Escamillio Thunderbunny to Glitter Mission, from Provo to Boston, from Yes Cup. to Linoleum KNIIIIIIIFE! He introduced me to my lovely wife. I am eternally in his debt for that. He has lifted me in my times of loneliness and despair. He has been and is my friend. When I think of friend, I think of Jared.

Raab Whalen





Rob's music has inspired me from day one. It is some of the simplest and most beautiful I've heard. It connects with me as though it were part of my sinew. His musicianship and art amazes me. His voice is like water, his drums are a hyperactive and destructive metronome, and his guitar shredding skills are creative and innovative. He's a one man band. I hope one day to go to a Rob Whalen concert. Rob has taught me powerful lessons through his kind words, strength of character and righteous influence. Rob would give the shirt off his back for anyone. He has one of the kindest and largest hearts I know. I know my life is changed for the better because of him.

Until we get a chance to jam my friends do a couple extra windmills, palm mutes and head bangs for me.

These guys go to eleven.

2 comments:

Syclist said...

Thanks Jason! it is one heck of a bond of brothers we is!

Rob said...

if that isn't a call to arms, i don't know what is.
thanks, jason. from the bottom of my heart. the feelings are mutual, my friend. and i can't wait for the day that we can live nearer and write, jam, record and conquer!! i dig your idea of a dream team