Saturday, May 27, 2006

My Last Show Ever


Hi,

Yet another report from Nauvoo. We just had our last performance here... and my literal last time mixing the Young Ambassadors. It was bitter sweet for me but I feel that I have done what was asked of me and that's all I can do. I feel that I was a transparent sound engineer... meaning that the audience did not think about the sound... they were just able to expereince and be touched by the message of the show and the spirit carried it to their hearts... which in all honesty is enough for me. Each of our performances here were packed to the walls... so many people came. Even many non LDS folks... tonight it was nearly 75% non LDS. Wonderful!

Anyway, we have two firesides tomorrow. One for the general public and then one just for the missionaries. I'm excited. I love the missionaries here. They are so good.

Just to recap a bit more on the experiences of this week. We got to do an endowment session at the Nauvoo Temple as well as Baptisms... both were priceless experiences. Tonight we got to go underneath the Joseph Smith Auditorium and see a bunch of original stones from the Nauvoo Temple. That was cool. I also got to see many of the sights here in Nauvoo (The Mansion House, The Red Brick Store, etc) as well as Carthage Jail. All of it has helped strengthen me and help me realize more about the truth proclaimed here, the sacrifices that were made and the faith that was tried. What a legacy! I am going to try to come back out here later this summer... even just for a weekend.

So for all ya'll who are still in the Provo, I'll be there around 10pm Monday night, spending tuesday buying food and getting set to begin working at Platinum.

There it be. Much love, again, from Nauvoo!

1 comment:

Mooney said...

Enjoy the Hammond M3 and the Fender Rhodes in your bedroom.