Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Goal Ride

I've never been the one to race when it comes to biking. I've just always loved getting out in nature and either tearing it apart and trying not to crash or checking out amazing views and feeling healthy. But I have created a goal ride though... and here it is:

  • Start at the opening of Big Cottonwood Canyon
  • Ride all the way to the top of Brighton
  • Descend through Guardsman's Pass to Midway
  • Ride the Cascade Springs road to the top of the Alpine Loop
  • Descend through American Fork Canyon
  • Climb to the top of the Point of the Mountain
  • Ride Wasatch Blvd back to the opening of Big Cottonwood Canyon
76 Miles - Nearly 10,000 feet of climbing and descending. Here's a graphic.


Anyone game to join in? I'm thinking early May for this ride. Gonna need to bring a few extra Clif Bars and tubes and stuff. Water too... hopefully there are some places I can stop to get some along the way.

It's going to be a super beautiful ride. Two passes through the Wasatch National Forest... best part is is that in early may there will be very few cars on these roads as a lot of them are closed still! Hooray! Just nothin but me, nature, God, road, bike and muscle... maybe a little iPod too.

Maybe if it goes well I'll try doing it in the opposite direction.

1 comment:

Syclist said...

ooooh opposite direction