Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Loud Enormous Voice...

As opposed to the still small one is a task most difficult to not hear sometimes. Sometimes I wish there was an end all mute button I could put on the loud one and listen to the quiet, sweet and peaceful promptings all the time. Its like listening to pink noise at 110dB... Its loud, annoying, frustrating and the things you try to say to someone else are completely drowned out because of masking (because pink noise is random noise at all frequencies at the same level and easily drown out any and all frequencies of a softer level).

This is Jason, Blah-ging.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Next stop Hah-vahd Yahd, next stop. Hey just curious, I'm sure you've heard of the loudness war in the world of music...what do you think about it. Your post reminded me of a chat I had with an amigo. I bought a track bya band called The Natioanl and listened to it on my i-pod, there was NO dynamic range at all. Everything sounded the same and just got busier when it was 'posed to be louder. Can I get a professional opinion? I hope your diggin it out there man.

Ben said...

Please ignore my punctuation, grammar, and spelling misshaps. It's 11:02pm and I'm at school on a Saturday...I love term papers!

(Next stop Ken-moh Sqweh, next stop)