
Just popped on to Apple's website to check out the latest digs from the computerized fruit company... and I saw this picture and thought... 'iPod' and 'Hi-Fi' what the crap? How can those two words exist in the same sentence?!? Now, don't get me wrong I am an avid supporter of the iPod and all its iPodiness, but for cryin' out loud, there is no way you are going to get 'Hi-Fi' out of some 160 kps mp3 file no matter how good the speaker system is...
I think this ad goes right up there with the iTunes song counter... I wonder if Stevo only puts that counter up just to see his bank account get bigger... man thats just sick and wrong!
PS... more on the date tonight... and yes Adam it will be in third person.
4 comments:
yeah, but lets be honest... nobody encodes the apple lossless way... people are barely bright enough to encode an aac or mp3 at more than the default set by itunes (160kps).
Yeah Ryan... But even uncompressed 16 bit 44.1kHz CD audio isn't actually "Hi-Fidelity". I use the aiff encoder in itunes for music I really like and that still is just CD quality. For me to consider digital audio High Fidelity it has to be SDDS or at least 24/96. An SACD is high fidelity...
Actually, so is vinyl.
p.s. They're too bassy. If you lift them off the table the sound ok though.
I just have one thing to say...are you speaking English?
Post a Comment