Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Cheat's a boy!

In case you didn't know... Laura is with child and we found out on Thursday that it will be a man-child. I can't explain how excited I am... I'm excited because living on the faith that it takes to bring children into this world is amazing. I'm excited because my dad now has a posterity to carry on the Graham name. I'm excited to move forward in the Plan.

The ultrasound was crazy. It's amazing that you can see all of that stuff. He's healthy and doing well. Kicking all the time. We have a bit to go before we get to meet him, which we expect to do in early February, but we hope and pray all will go well.

One of the most amazing things was to see the image of his eyes on the ultrasound. That was a profound experience for me. It was kind of like he was looking at me saying, 'Dad, get ready.' Me, a daddy? Wow. To ponder that the name preferred by the Great God of the universe is Father and that I have part in that? Head esplode. In a few months Laura and I will have a little one that will be completely dependent on us to lead him, guide him and walk beside him... That and burp him, feed him, and change his seemingly endless needed supply of diapers and onesies.

What a beautiful Plan the Father has for those who choose to follow. Indeed daunting, but I feel and have the faith that God will prepare a way for Laura and I to do all the things that He has asked.

I'd post a picture of the ultrasound but that just seems kind of weird posting pics of an unborn child. Maybe I'm weird. Maybe.

3 comments:

Joy said...

WOOOOOoooooooo! So happy for you guys. We already know you'll both be excellent parents, so no worries. Your life will change forever! P.S. Let's play soon.

Seidi said...

Jason!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you and Laura. You, I know, will be the best daddy in the whole world! And on a different topic...you did LOTOJA!!! Awesome! Funny, but my little brother won his division this year. I'm so mad I didn't go!!! Plus, I might have been able to run into you, too. Love you much! Can we do dinner? We keep saying we're going to do it and then we never do. Seriously, let's plan it.

Brittny said...

Congratulations! Little boys are SO much fun. You two are going to make such awesome parents. I'm very excited for you! Best of luck with this new adventure of parenthood!