Wednesday, July 18, 2007

So.

So tonight, Mel and I went to dinner, at Chili's. Yum.

On the way in to the restaurant I saw a face I thought I never would see again. The face was that of Nate somethinerother... I can't remember his last name. Anyway, many moons ago Pace, Ryan and I all lived together shortly after our missions in this Nate's house in NW Provo. One day a worthless Chinese statue broke (which none of us broke and I know its worthless because I've been to China and you can get those statues for less than a dollar...) and Nate blamed us and somehow felt justified in keeping our deposits and not prorating our rent, for which he probably owed us each several hundred dollars, and kicking us out that very day. We spent a couple weeks homeless (Yes, Rye spent his first birthday home homeless) and finally moved into apartment 105 in the OMNI. Oh the Omni... (remember the room that we had a bunch of junk in? and then we moved it to Ryan's Aunt's place). Wow.

I looked at him, started to walk into Chili's, turned and looked back. He asked, "Where do I know you from?" I responded, "I used to live with you Nate." He seemed pleasant and in a lot better shape than when I last saw him. We had some idle chit chat and left it at that. I didn't have the heart to bring up the fact that he was dishonest with us in front of his expecting wife. Hopefully he's changed his ways.

Anyway, weird seeing him... especially after seeing a England truck today (the company he worked for) and thinking I wonder what he is doing now?

7 comments:

Steph said...

The Omni!! When all my CDs got stolen a few years ago, I realized that my 105 CD was among the ones stolen...what the??

I have so many good memories from that apt as well...bringing dates over there so that you guys could tell me yes or no. Doing my laundry there in between weeks of EFY. Eating dinner prepared by Jacque. Hot tubbing. Stephan telling me that when I laugh it was like nails driving into his skull. oh . wait.

Pace said...

Yes the Omni... good memories... ahh yes Nate, bad memories.. but remember those bunk beds Ryan!? Those were sweet

J said...

Awww...that's where we became friends! It's been a crazy three years since I moved out of that place! Good times though!

Ben said...

I slept on that guys floor and used his stove to make some raman...I would have punched him in the gut.

Syclist said...

i remember that place. We drove the bucket of blue bolts down there and he practically had kittens when some tranny fluid dripped on the driveway... I remember feeling very awkward in provo at that time.... not much has changed! :P

Brandon and Katie said...

I have nothing to say about Nate, Chili's, or the Omni...but I miss your freaking guts! Nothing but love my dear friend! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Did you see a ring on her finger? She may be expecting his child, but she may very well not be his wife...

"Mindforward" all the way!

I wonder if he figured out how to set up his speakers so they weren't 5 speakers in a 1.1 array.

I also wonder how much more money he has thrown into large paintings of strange black people.

Even if he doesn't pay us back the $500 to $700 he owes each of us, he should at least pay me back the $50 I had to pay to the constable to try to serve him with our small-claims-court stuff.